The Monastery of Propfitis Ilias was built in 1019 and is located 8 km northwest of Delphi. The Monastery offers a panoramic view of the Korithian Gulf, the ports of Itea and Galaxidi, Amfissa, the slopes of Mount Parnassus, Mount Gionas and Mount Vardousia.

The Greek Revolution in 1821 began from this very location. In the Monastery’s Cathedral, on the 24th of March, 1821 the Bishop of Salona (Amfissa), Isaiah and the famous chieftain Panourgias (who led the Revolution) took an oath alongside the notables of Salona (Amfissa), and hoisted the flag of the Revolution.

(For more information please use the following link, of the museum's official website)